Tuesday, February 26, 2013

   Yesterday the IRS seized my bank accounts.  I called them today and they released them but you can see that my situation isn't very pleasant.  The biggest problem with this situation is that when you seek help, i.e. bankruptcy lawyer, tax relief, etc., that you find that it costs more money, thousands more.  I say here that I appreciate that their are a lot less fortunate people than me out there.  Even in my situation I wish that I could help every person out there.  Kind of hard to help others when you can't help your self.

   It's also hard to recognize, well not recognize, but change the self destructive pattern that I have established for myself.  I'm sure that people that come on hard times don't usually look to themselves for the cause but I do.  There are a multitude of ways that I could have avoided this whole mess and yet I didn't do them.  In this blog, I think I will write down the variety of things I could have done so that I may look back in the future and listen to my own advice.  If I have a future.

   One of the first things I should have done is gotten mortgage insurance.  I always told myself it was a waste of money and would put a drain on my self indulgence.  That's the blunt truth to the matter.  If I had gotten the insurance it would have been a huge burden off of my shoulders.

   The next thing I would say, is that I would not have garnered dreams about being a big shot when I became self employed.  I should have payed myself no more than any other job would have payed me and just banked the rest.  This is a bit of advice I shared with another man and he took it.  That man is thriving and still paying himself the bare minimum that he needs.

   That above piece of advice is huge.  If I had followed it, my taxes would be paid, I would have money in the bank, and I would not be in this situation at all.  If I dig myself out of this mess, and I live long enough, I will be taking that advice.  If I had done so at a younger age.....  You understand.

I have a tax professional that says he can help me with my taxes.  I've called numerous companies of this sort and all have pretty much said that they cannot help.  I may be wasting my time and money, but I'm desperate.  Once I get him involved, I will put his name in here and keep you posted.

   That's all my thoughts for now.  I hope all that read this lead a happy uneventful yet interesting life.

   Until next time, RJC

No comments:

Post a Comment